A mosquito-borne virus that can lead to seizures and paralysis has already been spotted in Bay County this year. Eastern equine encephalitis has infected horses in the area, and the disease can infect humans as well. It’s especially important to take cover and get Panama City pest control for mosquito populations around your property.
The local department of health issued a mosquito advisory in March and we already know that summer brings the worst of mosquito problems in Panama City.
What Diseases Do Mosquitoes Cause in Florida?
Mosquitoes spread many kinds of illnesses in the Panama City area, but these are the most common:
• Eastern Equine Encephalitis: Swelling of the brain that causes fever, pain, irritation, and seizures
• St. Louis Encephalitis: Fever and headaches, with higher risk of fatality in seniors
• West Nile Virus: Spreads rapidly but only affects some people, with symptoms ranging from fatigue to paralysis
Other diseases to be aware of and watch out for in the news:
• Zika virus, which causes birth defects
• Dengue fever, with flu symptoms
• Chickungunya virus, may cause joint pain and rashes
• Heartworm disease, which is spread to dogs by mosquitoes
Be Prepared for Mosquito Outbreaks in Panama City
Ready to avoid mosquitoes this summer? Symptoms of mosquito-borne diseases often take three or more days to appear. By the time they present symptoms, your family might have already been exposed!
Mosquito fog treatments for preventive control and mosquito spraying before an event are both excellent services your Panama City pest control company can provide.
Call 850-874-1900 for guaranteed mosquito control in Panama City by Arrow Pest Service.